North Korea has confirmed the presence of the first suspected coronavirus in the country. According to state media, the person coming from South Korea showed signs of corona.
According to the British Broadcasting Corporation, North Korea has confirmed the presence of the first suspected case of the coronavirus in the country.
A man who flew to South Korea three years ago returned across the border last week with signs of Code 19, the state-run CNA news agency said.
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un held an emergency meeting with senior officials, following which a lockdown was imposed in the border town of Kaesong.
“There was an emergency in the town of Kaesong where a man suspected of being infected with the virus returned on July 19 after illegally crossing the demarcation line,”
Earlier, North Korea said it had no victims of Code 19 in its territory – but analysts said that was unlikely to happen. On the other hand, the number of people infected with the coronavirus worldwide has exceeded 15.8 million, while so far more than 640,000 people have died due to this disease.